is a music class for children ages birth through 5 years. This class is 40 minutes in duration with 10 minutes being a “free time” at the beginning of the class where parents and kids can come play in the room with the musical toys, instruments, and objects.
Unique Aspects of the Mommy & Me Music class
- Based on folk and traditional songs and rhymes because of their natural melodic expressiveness, natural flow of the language, and texts filled with wonder.
- Based on early childhood research related to the development of:
- Music intelligence;
- singing skills;
- sensitivity to the beat and beat groups;
- expressive movement;
- musical memory;
- preferences; and
- neurological connections.
Goals for Children
- To experience activities that will prepare children for the later development of:
- accurate rhythmic skills
- accurate singing skills; and
- sensitivity to the expressive qualities in music.
This is a six-eight week class with a maximum of ten participants (and their parents). The songs and rhymes have been gathered over the past twenty years by John M. Feierabend.
Source: First Steps in Music by John M. Feierabend